Goodbye Gabapentin



I was all ready to write an article titled “Robots & Wage Slaves,” but then I opened the drawer by my night stand and found Gabapentin.  Gabapentin reduced my unbearable pain, put me to sleep, and kept me a little less than super tense.  It was one of 15 medications (legally prescribed) that, at 27 I had become used to swallowing all at once.  At 29, I’m currently on three.


Gabapentin was the last holdout, set aside for when the pain was overwhelming.  And instead of needing it, I forgot it was even in the drawer.  That is, until I took the little notebook I kept for bedside ideas.  These ideas were the opposite of Gabapentin.  As I looked for a clean spread of pages I skimmed a record of self-depreciation with horrible rhymes.

My first thought upon finding the medicine was pleasure:  wow, I can’t believe I still have this!  It feels like a lifetime has passed since I couldn’t go to school, couldn’t work and walked around the house wrapped in a comforter (true story, I got cold easily).  Second thoughts:  ugh!  If I write this I’ll start a flame war between advocates of Western Medicine and Natural Holistic.

Well, here it is:  Russo Chiropractic’s nutrient response testing and a high protein, organic (when I can) low sugar, gluten free diet allowed me to say I got my life back.  Where’s my evidence?  I’m not looking to argue any other facts and figures than my own story.  My own story is, as of August I’m a University graduate when three years ago I could barely walk the distance from my car to class.

I currently take fourteen organic, whole food supplements.  This half-filled Gabapentin bottle is probably much more expensive than supplements.  But as insurance doesn’t usually cover them, we pay more out of pocket for our health. We have to pay extra to remove additives, bug poison, fake sugar and added sugar.  Besides the cost, the difference between medicines and whole food supplements is quality of life:

medications mostly mask symptoms, nutrition response testing helps the body heal itself.

-Thanks for reading! I’ll be back with answers to common questions that I’ve been asked.


ALSO,  Here’s a link to Russo Chiropractic
(Note:  I was not paid in any shape or form by Russo Chiropractic.)

Comments

Popular Posts