How Diet and Whole Food Supplements Helped Me Heal



FAQ: My Experience With NRT (Nutrient Response Testing)

1)    Why was my health so bad?
From a young age, I ate too much and rarely gained enough weight to become fat.  I played sports and practiced no matter how much pain I was in.  Over the years I kept working hard and eating hard, ignoring my body’s signs.  By 21 I was in the hospital, one of the youngest patients with diverticulitis.  My health deteriorated until I spent 3 years surviving to go to doctor’s visits.

2)    What’s wrong with gluten?  Bread has been around since the time of Jesus!
The answer is Nothing!  Jesus’s bread was sprouted grain!  In the USA, gluten is often processed and this processed gluten is the issue.  It’s even used as an additive in other products that don’t have wheat in them.  That’s why some non-wheat based foods like peanut butter will have GF on the label.  My diet actually allows some naturally occurring gluten:  in stores it’s called “sprouted grain.”

3)    Is a high protein diet dangerous for my cholesterol?
As hard as it is to believe, steak and even bacon can be important for health!  In the next few years you’ll see several trained cardiologists revealing the greater truth about cholesterol.  In simple terms:  the sugars and inorganic chemicals our bodies were not meant to process so often are a big part of the problem.  I’ve included one quick link just to show that this information is out there(see #1 at the bottom).

4)    Was changing my diet, rather than the supplements, what really helped?
Correct!  According to Dr. Russo it’s 25% supplements and 75% diet.  You might wonder if supplements are necessary at all!  To that end, Dr. Russo just starts us off with a few supplements and no diet changes.  We return in a few weeks and are asked about our health.  The changes I noticed were that ingrown toenails on both feet were gone and my toes had healed.  In addition, I had a lump on my neck that, though it was benign, was annoying..  This lump had shrunk by half.

5)    Is it too good to be true?
Yes, it feels that way!  I had so many persistent health problems I was bound to see some results quickly.  In addition, I was very ready to do anything to improve my health so I followed the diet when I was instructed to.  Lastly, though I was unhealthy, my body was (is) still young.  All these factors made me an ideal candidate for my body to heal itself very quickly.

6)    What health problem took the longest to heal?
My eyes took nearly a year.  They were so light blind that I struggled to see sunlight, projectors, TV, even a phone not-on-the-lowest brightness.  At times, my eyes hurt so much I couldn’t keep them open.  Eye doctors saw nothing wrong with my putting in drops every 45 minutes.  Now, I take over-the-counter drops maybe every 8 hours, and I never have the pain so bad I can’t keep them open.

7)    Okay, I’m interested.  But I live in (Insert Location Here), what can I do?
Training for NRT is Ulan Nutritional Systems Inc. Florida (link #2)  .  While, there might be more practitioners in that area, there’s a network that extends across the US.  You might have to drive an hour to get to the closest location, but hopefully in time there will be more!

Disclaimer:  I am a patient and customer of Russo Chiropractic.  All answers are from questions I’ve asked Dr. Amanda Russo over the course of the 2+ years of my recovery.  For firsthand information go to their website at:  https://www.russochiropracticoffice.com/nutritional-response-testing-program/



Comments

Popular Posts